Sunday, July 26, 2009

what Do You See When You Look In The Mirror?

When we look in the mirror the initial perception of the reflection is what we actually see, but the longer we look we began to see what we want and what we wished that everyone else could see. Actually it's quite easy to confuse the two...I'm sure you've seen the double sided mirrors, there's the side with the normal reflection of you then there's the other side with the magnified reflection. Now that could really bring a girl down on one of those "I'm not feeling so cute days!" You see all kinds of stuff that you didn't even know was there. However I think that side is the best side because I want to be aware of my imperfections, a girl can only apply but so much make up and lashes before having to face the truth. At some point we must take off the mask and confront the barefaced truth(no pun intended.)I'm gonna to let you in on a little secret, some people see the stuff we try to hide anyway. Ironically all that covering up draws more attention to what we're trying to hide in the first place! I mean a longer shirt-especially if it's not loose doesn't hide the pot belly and big booty. Perfume will not mask funk it makes it worse! I'm not being mean...I remember when my teeth were crooked I would cover my mouth every time I laughed but it only brought more attention to my teeth, the very thing I was trying to hide. I said all this to say see the real you and began to love and accept everything about her even the things you don't like. It's no use going around feeling sad or otherwise about things you can't change and if it's it's something you are able to change than thank God and get to working on it! Have you noticed most people treat you like you treat yourself? We live in a very superficial society, seems to me most people don't take the time to get to know someone before they decide how they will or will not interact with them based on their appearance. Now that's not right! But it's the way it is, don't get me wrong! If you're okay with who, how and what you are keep it moving, but if not learn to embrace every part of you. Maximize your strengths and build on your weaknesses, remember most people will treat you like you treat you.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHh YES! You are RIGHT about all of that.
    I want to jump on your band wagon and add another two cents...here's how I do it. I never let anyone elses voice be louder in my head than my own. What do I mean? When someone is trying to tell me about me...I LISTEN. But I also consider the source, their motive and how I see them or the life they're living. I stand firm in my own positivity. There are people who when they see you like yourself they want to shoot you down...don't let 'em! I don't allow people to pump me up and certainly REFUSE to let them bring me down. I believe everyone should endeavor that even if you have things you would like to improve WORK toward genuinely liking/loving yourself just as is. There is a BEAUTY in that which outshines all your imperfections.

    ReplyDelete