Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friendship

Every one's definition of friendship is different, some view friendship as a relationship with a person who likes you, and you like them as well. They're somebody fun to hang out with and that someone you can always call on when you need hand. Others think of friendship as someone I've known along while but really don't spend a great deal of time together we hang out, have a blast and we can always pick up where we left off. Then there are others like myself, the deep folk! To me friendship is a bond that people share that's never broken. It's allowing room for one an other's faults, it's being honest no matter what-being comfortable enough with each other to say things that no one else cares enough to say or just don't have the guts to tell you. It's having the freedom to tell each other when we're hurt or offended by something that may or may not have been said or done. It's not being afraid that if we speak our minds we're gonna get the boot. To me...friendship being truthful, loyal, willing to sacrifice, to compromise, to forgive and love unconditionally. I remember hearing the "old folks" say, "You're lucky if your able to find one friend in your lifetime." I agree and I thank God for those He has blessed me with. The ones that I can call FRIEND.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to have someone you can call FRIEND and that word for that individual is heartfelt and never ending. A cherished friend is like a valued and irreplaceable part of yourself or life. How often do we look back at what we were told in our youth only to find out the wisdom we were offered was like a piece of gold. I pray everyone who visits this site after they read this blog has at least one person in mind that they call FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete