Thursday, August 20, 2009

Should I Or Should I Not?

Were you taught not to accept money/gifts from men whom you're romantically involved with? Were you taught not to give yourself to them as well? I can recall hearing "Don't take anything from no man or they'll get possessive over you!" Very rarely did I hear "Don't give a man your body because that's precious, it's the most valuable thing you will ever own and not just anybody should have that privilege. Could this be one of the reasons that women give so much when it comes to relationships and receives so little? Think about it...if all you heard was don't accept gifts from him and you didn't hear don't give him your heart or your body what do you expect to happen? There are so many women who was raised this way and now it's so ingrained in us that we don't realize we're getting the short end of the stick. I don't have anything against the "Independent Woman," however I do have a problem with the men who aren't giving up anything yet they getting it all! When I hear these women talk they're so proud as they should be, they've worked hard to get where they are and they did it on there own. On the other hand they have these leeches that they get involved with and they don't realize that they're the ones bringing everything to the table. The scales never seems to be balanced. You have the hard working man who has a good heart and is more than willing to treat a woman right but what do the women say about him? "He's too nice!" Why because he shows how much he cares? Is he too nice because he calls you often and you don't have to chase him down? I don't know what it is that draws us to that arrogant, smooth talking schemer but that's the one we prefer, well most of us anyway. Okay I got a little side tracked! Back to the matter at hand, I don't see anything wrong with accepting gifts/money from someone you're dating especially if you're giving them what they want(not to say I condone this.)I know it's much easier said than done! But I try to encourage women to abstain from sex until marriage because once you've given a man that part of you your emotions are heightened and you become so vulnerable. It's a gamble, there's no guaranty if he'll be around long term or not only time will tell. That's why we shouldn't be so quick to share our bodies in every relationship, yes I know you could wait and things still not work out but this shortens your list of lovers. And if you wouldn't accept gifts/money my goodness! They really got over! Now don't get me wrong-we can't put a price on our bodies but if I am going to give myself to him in this way I'd rather walk away with something instead of nothing! Nevertheless there's always the RESTART button, it's up to us whether we'll push it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment