Friday, November 4, 2011

What do we really believe?

I called an old friend yesterday (a member of my former church.) We greeted one another, she asked how I was doing I told her I was doing great and immediately was turned off by her response. She went on to say how God looks out for us (Christians) that's why we always do well and everyone else struggles. She said we're His own-He's ours, we're special to Him and on and on and on. Funny thing is...as I was listening to her I was having my own inner dialogue. I remember thinking, wow she really believes this! Then I thought to myself, "I used to believe this!" This was a very weird experience! I asked myself  how did I manage to get sucked into that kind of thinking? There are all of these people in the world around us who don't believe in or serve the God that we do, yet they breath the same air, and have access to all the things that we do. How in the world does one group of people manage to think they're more special to God than everyone else? I'll tell you...by hearing exactly what they want to hear. The bible says "For God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten son."  It is that simple, it  doesn't specify a certain group of people. I now believe that the relationship for those of us who believes in God is a very private one,  it's a very personal one on one relationship between  God Himself and the individual. No matter what religion we 're apart of  He has created everyone and He knows every single thing about us inside and out. He knows what He does and does not  mean to us and He totally understands our condition.  What do I mean by our condition? Our sinful nature, God knows what we battle with and our desire to conquer it. He also know that this flesh of ours is weak, that's why He gives us  His grace and mercy and lots of it!  There's no group of people /religion who are better than or more loved than any other, if that were true then everyone wouldn't experience the same circumstances such as sickness, sorrow, loss or what have you. Bottom line...God loves us all, whoever- whatever-however we may be He knows all about us and still....His love for us is 100% unconditional. That my friend is good-very good to know.

Blessings,
Selah 

No comments:

Post a Comment