Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's Going On?!!!

Lately I find myself at a lost for words, seems to me that just about everything that I pray for the opposite happens! Wow... this can be extremely disheartening, the worse part is no one really has the answer for why these things happen. I know eventually things are made clear but in the meanwhile it can be a very unpleasant process. I've learned that during this type of experience we have to be most careful when we talk to others about what we're going through, I used to think that talking to unbelievers was the last thing you'd want to do, but I've had a change of heart. If we only talked to those who believe what we believe we wouldn't be able to see just where we are in our walk with Christ.

Recently something I'd been praying wouldn't happen happened! This prayer was according to the word of God, it wasn't a selfish prayer as I said it was according to God's will. However the will of someone else was involved, by the way this is the second time this exact thing has happened. So by this time I'm thinking why bother to pray at all? I spoke with somebody I trust about this but I wasn't satisfied, in fact I'm still struggling with this! Bottom line, while I'm waiting for an answer from the Lord I still have to find the strength to go on. I still have to pray and trust God in spite of my disappointments and this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do because my faith as well as my confidence in prayer has been shaken. That thing that I prayed for can not be reversed, it's already happened; it would be like trying to unring a bell! So it's not like I'm being impatient or I gave up, the thing that I was believing God for just didn't happen. I know there are people out there who feels or have felt this way, so I would love for you to share your experience with us if you've had a positive outcome for something like this.
I look forward to hearing from you!

God Bless You,
Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment